11 Nov How to Travel Without Stress?
It’s surprising to see how many of my clients are traveling at this time of year. So much is going on that sometimes people tell me they wonder if it is even worth the effort to get out of town. Add to that the stress of re-entry and it’s no wonder our vacations don’t do such a good job of sustaining us. Of course I have a solution – and it is in that old fashioned form of a list.
I’m all about lists supporting you in getting the right things done, and we do that by creating zones in the list. For travel the list I suggest looks like this:
To make it work for you do as follows:
- Find a note pad
- Divide it into 4 sections and label them as follows:
- Must Do Before – put tasks here that MUST be done or you can’t get on the plane
- Like To Do Before – put tasks here that would help you enjoy your trip more if you were to get them done before you leave
- Do ASAP When Home – put tasks here that really need to be done when you get home
- Do When Home – put the other stuff you think of here
- Focus on the “Must Do Befores.” If you get those done move to the “Like To Do Befores”
Like everything else, when you are clear about what’s most important then doing it is easier. And when you get on the plane you will feel peace. Hope you have a great trip.