10 Dec Making a List and Checking it Twice
No… not talking about Santa’s list. I’m talking about your TO DO list. If you’re putting EVERYTHING on your list you are probably overwhelmed. Before you say YES to a task or opportunity, run it through a filter list that helps you sort the yes’s from the no’s:
Possible Filter List Questions:
- Will it help someone or something important to me?
- Will it help me grow personally or professionally?
- Will it help me reach my goals?
- Will I have fun doing it?
- Will it give me joy?
Not sure? Ask yourself:
- What’s the worst thing that will happen if I say NO?
- Why should I say YES, and why should I say NO?
- If I say YES to this, what will I be saying NO to?
If the answer isn’t clearly “yes”, then it probably should be “no.”